Mini Cheesy Quinoa Bites
With its protein and fiber content, quinoa is an ideal meat-free ingredient. Serve these bites with your favorite sauce and enjoy them warm, at room temperature or even cold.
Serves: 12Prep: 15 minutesCook: 30 minutesTotal: 45 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 cup Kroger Brand Quinoa
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Generously grease 24 mini muffin cups.
- In 3-quart or larger saucepan, bring water and quinoa to boil. Cover and reduce heat. Cook 14 to 16 minutes. Remove from heat and allow to stand for 5 minutes. Fluff with fork. Cool completely.
- In large bowl, combine cooked quinoa, cheese, egg, salt, garlic and onion powders.
- Divide quinoa mixture between muffin cups; press firmly to smooth tops.
- Bake 15 to 18 minutes, until slightly golden around the edges and firm to the touch.