Mini Chocolate Baked Alaska
You can make this with any flavor of sorbet you like. It’s delicious with a fruit flavored sorbet—try mango or raspberry.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 8 hours 30 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 4 cups chocolate sorbet
- 16 chocolate wafer cookies
- 3 egg whites
- 2 tsp. lemon juice
- 1 jar (7 oz.) marshmallow crème
- Let sorbet stand at room temperature for 10 to 15 minutes to soften. Place 2 cookies in each of 8 small ramekins. Top each cookie with 1⁄4 cup of sorbet. Freeze until firm, about 4 hours.
- When sorbet is frozen, combine egg whites with lemon juice in large bowl; beat until soft peaks form. Gradually add the marshmallow creme, beating until stiff peaks form.
- Top each ramekin with a thick layer of egg whites. Freeze until firm, about 4 hours.
- When ready to serve, preheat oven to 450°F. Bake the solidly frozen desserts for 5 to 7 minutes or until meringues are browned. Serve immediately.