Mini Chocolate Whoopie Pies
You can personalize these fluffy sandwich cakes with your favorite HERSHEY’S® flavors, but good luck keeping others away from the pile!
- 1 package (about 16.5 oz.) white cake mix
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup HERSHEY'S® Special Dark Chocolate Cocoa
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 3 eggs
- 1 1⁄4 cups (13-oz. jar) HERSHEY'S® Spreads Chocolate, HERSHEY'S® Spreads Chocolate with Almond, or HERSHEY'S® Spreads Chocolate with Hazelnut
- Heat oven to 350°F. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Stir together cake mix, cocoa and salt in large mixing bowl. Add water, oil and eggs; beat thoroughly. Drop by rounded measuring tsp. onto prepared cookie sheet.
- Bake 7 to 9 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Immediately transfer parchment paper with cookies to wire rack. Cool completely.
- Spread 1 tsp. chocolate spread onto flat side of one cookie. Place flat side of another cookie on top. Repeat for all cookies.