Mini Christmas Cakes
Easy to bake and easy to serve, these mini cakes are the perfect addition to any holiday party.
Serves: 1Prep: 20 minutesCook: 40 minutesTotal: 1 hourDifficulty: Easy
- 1⁄2 cup Simple Truth Organic™ Light Brown Sugar
- 1 cup Simple Truth Organic™ Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin spice
- 4 tablespoons salted butter, melted
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups Simple Truth Organic™ Powdered Sugar
- 1⁄2 tablespoon meringue powder
- 2 tablespoons hot water (plus more as needed)
- Mint leaves
- Set oven to 325°F. Grease and flour a (14.5 oz.) tin.
- In the tin, combine all the cake ingredients (the first 9 ingredients in the list) and whisk into a smooth batter.
- Bake your cake for 35-40 minutes, until a skewer inserted comes out clean, then let the cake cool.
- While the cake is cooling, combine the powdered sugar, meringue powder and hot water until a thick, glossy and smooth icing forms (if it is too thick, add additional hot water in ¼ tsp increments).
- Slice the cooled cake in half, spread icing on the bottom layer, top with the other half of the cake, and cover with more icing. Finish with sugared cranberries and mint leaves.