Mini Corn Dogs
What’s better than corn dogs? Cute Mini Corn Dogs! Set up a dipping bar of ranch dressing, barbecue sauce, ketchup and mustard to let guests pick their dip of choice.
Serves: 4Prep: 15 minutesCook: 15 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 3⁄4 cup Kroger® Yellow Corn Meal
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 3⁄4 cup whole milk
- 20 Kroger® Cocktail Smokies
- 1⁄2 cup cornstarch
- Canola oil, as needed
- Mustard, to serve
- Ketchup, to serve
- Fill a heavy-duty 3-quart medium pot with 2” canola oil. Heat on medium until 350°F registers on a thermometer.
- In a medium bowl, stir together cornmeal, flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and add egg and milk. Stir until mixture is combined.
- Insert a toothpick into each cocktail dog. Place cornstarch in a shallow dish.
- When oil is hot, dredge cocktail dog in cornstarch and then dip in cornmeal mixture, coating dog entirely. Immediately add to hot oil (toothpick and dog), cooking 4 or 5 pieces at a time.
- Remove with a slotted spoon and transfer to a paper towel lined plate. Continue until all the smokies are cooked. Serve with ketchup and mustard.