Mini Crab Cakes
Recipe courtesy of Lemon Tree Dwelling
- 2 (6 oz.) cans lump crab meat
- 1⁄3 cup bread crumbs
- 1⁄4 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup red pepper, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup cilantro, minced
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1⁄4 cup mayo
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Old Bay seasoning
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Combine all ingredients in a medium mixing bowl; mix well.
- Shape mixture by tablespoonfuls into small cakes; coat with additional bread crumbs.
- Sautee crab cakes in olive oil over medium heat until golden brown on both sides.
- Serve with garlic aioli.
- To make the garlic aioli: Combine 1 c. mayo, 2-4 garlic cloves (crushed), 2 Tbsp. minced cilantro, 1 tsp. lemon juice, 1/8 tsp. salt and 1/8 tsp. pepper in a food processor; blend until smooth.