Mini Crab Cakes with Spicy Aioli
These crab cakes are easy to make and delicious as an appetizer, a light meal with a salad, or tucked into a bun for a sandwich.
Serves: 2Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 can (8 oz.) jumbo lump blue crabmeat
- 2 large egg whites
- ¼ tsp. red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp. dried chives
- ¼ cup plus 1 Tbsp. mayonnaise, divided
- 2 tsp. fresh lemon juice
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. tomato paste
- ½ tsp. smoked paprika
- ⅛ tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- For the crab cakes: combine crab, egg whites, red pepper, chives, and 1 tablespoon mayonnaise in a large bowl and mix until combined. Form mixture into patties.
- For the aioli: put remaining mayonnaise, lemon juice, garlic, tomato paste, paprika, and cayenne in a food processor and process until smooth.
- Heat olive oil in a medium skillet over medium heat and cook crab patties 10 minutes or until cakes are browned and heated through, flipping once.
- Top crab cakes with aioli and serve immediately.