Mini Donut Muffins
These simple sweets have the same great taste as a cinnamon-sugar cake donut, but they’re baked in a mini muffin pan!
Serves: 10Prep: 15 minutesCook: 15 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar, divided
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 cup plus 6 Tbsp. butter, melted and cooled, divided, plus extra for greasing muffin tin
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Generously butter 30 mini-muffin wells. Set aside. Whisk together flour, ¾ cup sugar, baking powder, salt and nutmeg. Set aside.
- In large bowl, combine ½ cup melted butter, egg and milk. Whisk to combine.
- Stir together flour mixture and wet ingredients until just combined. Divide batter between prepared muffin cups. Bake 13 to 15 minutes, until toothpick inserted in center of muffins comes out clean.
- Meanwhile, place remaining melted butter in small bowl. In second bowl, combine remaining ½ cup sugar and cinnamon.
- Let muffins cool a few minutes before removing from pan. While still warm, dip muffin top into melted butter then gently toss whole muffin in cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Serve warm. Store leftovers in covered container at room temperature.