Mini Flourless Cupcakes with Ganache Frosting
These rich, flourless cupcakes and ganache frosting are easy to make. Sprinkle with pearl sugar balls for an elegant touch.
Serves: 12Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 1 hourDifficulty: Easy
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips, divided
- ½ cup plus 1 tsp. butter, divided
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 large eggs
- ¼ cup heavy cream
Please try again later.
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Line a mini-muffin pan with paper liners.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, heat ¾ cup chocolate chips and ½ cup butter in a microwave oven on 50% power, stirring every 15 seconds until just melted, about 1½ minutes.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together sugar and cocoa powder. Whisk in the eggs until combined. Pour in the melted chocolate and butter; whisk just until mixed. Pour batter about 1–1½ tablespoons at a time into each mini-muffin cup.
- Bake about 7–8 minutes until cupcakes are just set, centers may jiggle. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, mix together remaining chocolate chips, heavy cream, and remaining butter. Heat on 50% power and stir every 15 seconds, until chocolate is just melted. Stir until smooth and creamy. Add a dollop of ganache to the top of each cupcake.