Mini Gingerbread Donuts with Brown Sugar Glaze
These tasty-baked donuts are easy to make and the smell of gingerbread will put you in the Christmas spirit. Get the kids involved by letting them dip their own donut in the brown sugar glaze.
Serves: 24Prep: 30 minutesCook: 10 minutesTotal: 40 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ginger
- 1⁄8 teaspoon allspice
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cloves
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, divided
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons milk, divided
- 5 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Prepare a mini donut pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, ginger, allspice and cloves. In a large bowl, combine ¼ cup brown sugar, egg, vegetable oil, 1 tablespoon milk and 3 tablespoons melted butter. Fold dry ingredients into wet ingredients.
- Pour batter into a 1-gallon plastic bag and cut one corner off. Pipe the batter into the prepared pan, filling donut space about ½ full. Bake 7-9 minutes, until tops of donuts spring back when touched. Remove donut from pan and allow to cool completely. Repeat baking process with remaining batter.
- In a small saucepan, melt 2 tablespoons butter and ¼ cup brown sugar, over medium heat. Bring to a boil and allow to boil 1-2 minutes, add 1 tablespoon milk and bring back to a slight boil. On low heat, stir in the powdered sugar and vanilla extract; whisk until smooth. Stir in 1 tablespoon milk to reach desired consistency. Dip each donut top into the glaze and set aside to cool.
- Serve and store leftovers in an airtight container.