Mini Gluten-Free Cinnamon Sugar Doughnuts
Remember mini doughnuts covered in confectioners’ sugar or a cinnamon-sugar mixture? Now you can make your own. If you don’t have a mini doughnut pan, use a mini muffin pan instead.
Serves: 24Hands-on: 25 minutesTotal: 35 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- ¾ cup sorghum flour
- ½ cup arrowroot starch
- ½ tsp. xanthan gum
- 1¼ tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp. salt
- 5 Tbsp. butter
- ⅔ cup granulated sugar
- ⅔ cup plus 3 Tbsp. milk
- 2 cups confectioners’ sugar
- ¼ cup milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a mini doughnut pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together sorghum flour, arrowroot starch, xanthan gum, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt. In a medium bowl, cream together the butter and granulated sugar. Add the milk and stir until fully incorporated. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix to combine.
- Spoon the batter into a zip-top plastic bag and snip off one corner to pipe the batter into pan, filling each doughnut well halfway. Bake for 7–10 minutes, until doughnuts are golden-brown and puffy.
- Remove from pan and cool on a wire rack.
- For the glaze: In a medium bowl, whisk together confectioners’ sugar, milk, and vanilla until smooth. Dip cooled doughnuts into glaze and set back onto wire rack until glaze hardens.