Mini Gluten-Free Cinnamon Sugar Doughnuts
Remember mini doughnuts covered in confectioners’ sugar or a cinnamon-sugar mixture? Now you can make your own. If you don’t have a mini doughnut pan, use a mini muffin pan instead.
Serves: 24Hands-on: 25 minutesTotal: 35 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 3⁄4 cup sorghum flour
- 1⁄2 cup arrowroot starch
- 1⁄2 tsp. xanthan gum
- 1 1⁄4 tsp. baking powder
- 1⁄2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 tsp. salt
- 5 Tbsp. butter
- 2⁄3 cup granulated sugar
- 2⁄3 cup plus 3 Tbsp. milk
- 2 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a mini doughnut pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together sorghum flour, arrowroot starch, xanthan gum, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt. In a medium bowl, cream together the butter and granulated sugar. Add the milk and stir until fully incorporated. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix to combine.
- Spoon the batter into a zip-top plastic bag and snip off one corner to pipe the batter into pan, filling each doughnut well halfway. Bake for 7 to 10 minutes, until doughnuts are golden-brown and puffy.
- Remove from pan and cool on a wire rack.
- For the glaze: In a medium bowl, whisk together confectioners’ sugar, milk, and vanilla until smooth. Dip cooled doughnuts into glaze and set back onto wire rack until glaze hardens.