Mini Grilled Cheese and Tomato Sandwiches
These little sandwiches are still hugely satisfying with melty cheese, fresh tomato and toasty bread.
Serves: 20Prep: 25 minutesTotal: 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 40 slices cocktail bread
- 10 slices Havarti cheese, cut into quarters
- 3 each Roma tomatoes, sliced into ⅛” slices
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- Place tomato slices in a single layer on a kitchen towel or paper towels to absorb excess moisture.
- Lay out 20 pieces of cocktail bread on a work surface. Top each with 1 quarter piece of cheese, 1 slice tomato, another quarter piece of cheese, top with second slice of bread. Brush tops with melted butter.
- Heat a large skillet or griddle over medium heat. Place sandwiches, butter side down, in pan; cook 2-3 minutes until golden brown on one side. Brush other side of sandwich with melted butter; flip sandwiches and cook another 1-2 minutes until browned and cheese is melted. Repeat with remaining sandwiches if necessary.
- Refrigerate leftovers.