Mini Honey-Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins
When muffins this good come in small portions, eating 3 or 4 isn’t a problem for the waistline and is still extremely satisfying.
Serves: 16Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1⁄2 cup plain low-fat Greek yogurt
- 1⁄4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 large egg
- 1 Tbsp. whole milk
- 1⁄2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 3 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp. grated lemon zest
- 1⁄4 tsp. baking powder
- 1⁄2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 Tbsp. poppy seeds
- 1⁄4 tsp. salt
- 1 cup spelt flour
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line 2 mini muffin pans with mini muffin liners.
- In a medium mixing bowl, mix together yogurt, oil, egg, milk, vanilla, honey, lemon juice, and lemon zest until well combined. In a small bowl, combine baking powder, baking soda, poppy seeds, salt, and flour. Add the flour mixture to the mixing bowl, just mixing until the ingredients barely come together.
- Spoon the mixture into the muffin liners and bake for 10 minutes or until a toothpick poked into the center of a muffin comes out clean. Let muffins sit in pan for 2 to 3 minutes before removing to cool on rack.