Mini Irish Soda Bread
Classic Irish bread made into individual loaves.
Serves: 8Prep: 15 minutesCook: 20 minutesTotal: 35 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 3 cups flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fine salt
- 1⁄2 cup butter, cold and cut into pieces
- 1 cup buttermilk
- Heat oven to 375°F. Butter or spray a baking pan; set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Cut in butter until mixture looks like coarse crumbs. Add buttermilk, mix with a fork until it just comes together.
- Turn out on flour surface; knead gently 3-4 times; pat into a rectangle. Divide into 8 equal piece. Gently form into rounds and transfer to prepared pan leaving at least 2-inches between each loaf. Using a sharp knife, score an X in the center of each loaf. Bake 20-22 minutes or until golden brown.