Mini Italian-Style Crab Cakes
Serve these crab cakes with mayonnaise blended with basil and Romano cheese.
Serves: 12Hands-on: 50 minutesTotal: 50 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 1 lb. canned lump crabmeat
- 2 Tbsp. chopped basil leaves
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- ½ cup grated Romano cheese
- 5 Tbsp. olive oil, divided
- ½ cup dried breadcrumbs
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup minced scallions
- Drain crabmeat well and pick over to remove any cartilage. Set aside in a large bowl. In food processor or blender, combine cilantro, walnuts, cheese, and 2 tablespoons olive oil. Process or blend until mixture forms a paste. Stir into crabmeat.
- Add breadcrumbs, mayonnaise, and scallions to crab mixture. Stir to combine. Form into 2" patties about ½" thick.
- Heat 3 tablespoons olive oil in a large, heavy skillet over medium heat. Fry crab cakes until golden and hot, turning once, about 3 to 5 minutes on each side.