Mini Lemon Cream Pies
Small mason jars don’t just make these desserts look cute, they are also portable…perfect to bring to a party or send home with guests.
Serves: 8Prep: 45 minutesCook: 1 hour 15 minutesTotal: 2 hoursDifficulty: Easy
- 8 half-pint wide mouth jars or 8-10 oz. custard cups
- 1 cup Kroger® Graham Cracker Crumbs
- 3 tablespoons plus 1 cup sugar, divided
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted, plus 8 Tbsp., cut into 8 pieces
- 1 package (8 oz.) cream cheese softened
- 1⁄2 cup Kroger® Heavy Whipping Cream
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon powdered sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 4 egg yolks, beaten
- Sweetened whipped cream
- Fresh berries
- Heat oven to 350°F. Place jars or custard cups on a baking sheet; set aside.
- In a bowl mix together graham cracker crumbs, 3 tablespoons sugar and melted butter. Divide evenly among jars and press firmly in the bottom. Bake 8-10 minutes until set. Cool completely.
- In a bowl beat cream cheese until smooth. Add cream, powdered sugar and vanilla; continue beating until smooth and fluffy. Divide between jars and spread into an even layer over the crust. Refrigerate.
- Add lemon juice, 1 cup sugar, cornstarch and lemon zest to a 1 quart saucepan; stir constantly over medium until mixture comes to a boil.
- Place egg yolks in a bowl; add a few tablespoons of the juice mixture to the egg yolks, stirring constantly. Add another few tablespoons and stir to combine. Continue adding juice mixture to eggs until about half the juice has been added.
- Add the egg mixture back to the saucepan with the remaining juice. Cook over medium heat stirring constantly until mixture reaches at least 165°F and is thickened. Remove from heat and whisk in butter. Allow to cool 15 minutes.
- Spread lemon curd over chilled cream cheese layer. Refrigerate at least 1 hour to set. When ready to serve top with sweetened whipped cream and garnish with fresh berries if desired.
- Refrigerate leftovers.