Mini Matzo Balls
Matzo balls expand greatly when cooked, so make sure to roll these marble sized before dropping in water. If the cooked matzo balls break in a fondue pot, just ladle them out with the soup!
Serves: 8Hands-on: 30 minutesTotal: 1 hour 45 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 cup matzo meal
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup seltzer or club soda
- 1⁄3 cup margarine, softened
- 2 Tbsp. parsley, minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Pour matzo meal in a cup and stir with a fork to break up any lumps.
- In a bowl, beat eggs with a fork. Add seltzer, margarine, and parsley and mix well. Sprinkle in salt and pepper to taste.
- Slowly stir in matzo meal. Keep stirring until mixture is smooth. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour or until batter has stiffened.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Roll dough into small balls—about 36 of them—and drop into boiling water for 15 minutes. Remove with slotted spoon to a shallow serving bowl or baking dish and serve with broth fondue.