Mini Meatless Mexican Pizzas
These little pizzas are delicious served with sangria before a cookout or a make-your-own enchiladas party. You can find the soy crumbles in the health food section of your supermarket’s freezer division.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 35 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 can (12 oz.) refrigerated biscuits
- 1⁄4 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup frozen meatless soy crumbles
- 2 tsp. chili powder
- 1⁄2 tsp. dried oregano leaves
- 1⁄2 cup vegetarian refried beans
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup tomato sauce
- 1 cup shredded low-fat pepper jack cheese
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Separate dough into biscuits, then flatten into thin disks. Dip each side into cornmeal, then place on two ungreased baking sheets.
- In medium skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add onion; cook and stir until tender, about 5 minutes. Stir in meatless crumbles, chili powder, and dried oregano; cook and stir until crumbles defrost. Add refried beans, tomatoes, and tomato sauce. Stir over low heat for 2 minutes, and remove from heat. Spoon mixture on top of dough rounds. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until crusts are golden brown, topping is hot, and cheese is melted and beginning to brown.