Mini Meatless Mexican Pizzas
These little pizzas are delicious served with sangria before a cookout or a make-your-own enchiladas party. You can find the soy crumbles in the health food section of your supermarket’s freezer division.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 35 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 can (12 oz.) refrigerated biscuits
- ¼ cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- ½ cup chopped onion
- ½ cup frozen meatless soy crumbles
- 2 tsp. chili powder
- ½ tsp. dried oregano leaves
- ½ cup vegetarian refried beans
- 1 tomato, chopped
- ⅓ cup tomato sauce
- 1 cup shredded low-fat pepper jack cheese
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Separate dough into biscuits, then flatten into thin disks. Dip each side into cornmeal, then place on two ungreased baking sheets.
- In medium skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add onion; cook and stir until tender, about 5 minutes. Stir in meatless crumbles, chili powder, and dried oregano; cook and stir until crumbles defrost. Add refried beans, tomatoes, and tomato sauce. Stir over low heat for 2 minutes, and remove from heat. Spoon mixture on top of dough rounds. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake for 8–10 minutes or until crusts are golden brown, topping is hot, and cheese is melted and beginning to brown.