Mini Pumpkin Scones
Scones are one of the easiest treats to prepare, and this pumpkin version is no exception. Pair them with hot coffee or apple cider: Just dunk for a mouthful of fall flavor.
Serves: 16Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp. sugar
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1⁄2 tsp. baking soda
- 1⁄2 tsp. ground cloves
- 1⁄2 tsp. ground ginger
- 1⁄2 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1 1⁄2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1⁄4 tsp. salt
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- 1⁄2 cup pumpkin purée
- 3 Tbsp. milk
- 1 large egg
- 1 1⁄2 tsp. vanilla
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, sugars, baking powder, baking soda, spices, and salt. Add cold butter, using your fingers or a pastry cutter to work the butter into the dry ingredients until mixture is crumbly.
- In a separate bowl, whisk pumpkin purée, milk, egg, and vanilla. Add mixture to dry ingredients and stir until dough is combined and soft.
- Prepare a floured surface, and knead the dough just until it comes together. Using a rolling pin, roll the dough into an 8-inch square roughly 1 inch thick. Use a large knife to cut the dough into small triangles, first by cutting the dough into halves, the halved again, repeating until you have 16 triangles.
- Place scones onto prepared baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Serve immediately, or store in an airtight container for up to 5 days.