Mini Southwest Fiesta Bowls
These flavorful bowls are perfect for a quick light meal or a party plate.
Serves: 12Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 45 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 cup canned refried beans
- 1 cup shredded Mexican blend cheese
- 1 cup cooked white rice
- 1 1⁄2 cups pico de gallo, divided
- 1⁄2 package (1 lb.) frozen phyllo dough, thawed
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 8 oz. cooked steak, diced
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- In medium bowl, combine beans, cheese, rice, and 1 cup pico de gallo. Set aside.
- Place one sheet of phyllo dough on a work surface. Brush with melted butter. Place another sheet of phyllo dough atop the butter. Repeat with butter and another sheet of dough until you have 5 layers of phyllo. Repeat with 5 more sheets of phyllo. (You should have 2 stacks of 5 layers.)
- Cut each phyllo stack into six squares. Press each square into a muffin tin. Fill with rice and beans mixture. Top each muffin cup with a few pieces of diced steak.
- Place muffin tin into oven and bake for 22 to 25 minutes until phyllo is golden brown. Top each cup with pico de gallo before serving.