Mini Star-Spangled Pies
Perfect for any summer get-together, these adorably patriotic mini star-spangled pies are full of big, delicious fruit flavor.
Serves: 24Prep: 25 minutesCook: 15 minutesTotal: 40 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 4 sheets refrigerated pie crust
- 1 cup cherry pie filling
- 1 cup blueberry pie filling
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 egg, whisked
- Finishing sugar, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Use 2” circle cookie cutter or cup to cut out 24 circles of pie dough. Press each circle into bottom of mini muffin tin. Fill each cup a little over halfway with one of the pie fillings.
- Using a small star cookie cutter or knife, cut 24 little stars out of remaining pie dough. Place a star on top of each small pie.
- Whisk together water and egg. Use pastry brush to brush tops of each pie with mixture.
- Bake 14–16 minutes or until crust is lightly golden and filling begins to bubble. Let cool at least 10 minutes. Carefully loosen edges of each pie to gently lift out. Garnish with finishing sugar. Serve. Refrigerate any leftovers.