Miniature Crab Cakes
Traditionally, crab cakes are fried in butter. This healthy alternative bakes them. It also takes advantage of panko, a type of bread crumb that adds a lot of crunch to a dish without adding a lot of fat.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 8 oz. canned crabmeat
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 1½ Tbsp. lemon juice
- 2 tsp. grated lemon zest
- 1 large egg
- 1 Tbsp. chili sauce
- 2 Tbsp. minced sweet white onion
- 1 tsp. dried dill
- 2 tsp. Dijon-style mustard
- ½ cup panko crumbs
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Prepare a baking sheet with nonstick spray.
- Mix crabmeat, mayonnaise, lemon juice, zest, egg, chili sauce, onion, dill, and mustard together in a bowl. Spread the panko crumbs on a piece of waxed paper.
- Make little burgers using about 1 tablespoon of the crab mixture. Coat with panko. Place on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 5 minutes. Turn and bake for another 5 minutes or until very crisp. Serve hot or at room temperature.