Mint Citrus Cooler
This is a beautiful citrus beverage for a special summer occasion or gathering. You can also make a big pitcher full for a family cookout.
Serves: 12Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 1 hour 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1½ cups sugar
- 2½ cups water
- 1 cup fresh mint leaves
- Juice of 2 medium oranges
- Juice of 6 medium lemons
- 1 Tbsp. finely grated orange zest
- Thin lemon and orange slices
- Fresh mint sprigs
- In a medium saucepan, combine sugar and water. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 5 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool for 10 minutes.
- Place mint leaves in a medium bowl; add slightly cooled syrup, orange juice, lemon juice, and orange zest. Cover and let steep for about 1 hour. Strain into a 1-quart container. Cover and refrigerate until serving time.
- For each tall glass, mix ⅓ cup syrup with ⅔ cup cold water. Add a few ice cubes, a thin orange or lemon slice, and a sprig of mint.