Mint Meringue Cookies
Light and airy, these minty cookies are the perfect treat after a big meal.
Makes: 12Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 8 hours 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 egg whites
- 1⁄2 tsp. cream of tartar
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 tsp. peppermint flavoring
- 3 drops green food coloring
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a medium bowl, beat together the egg whites and cream of tartar until fluffy. Add the sugar and beat until very stiff. Add the flavoring and the food coloring. Fold in the chocolate morsels.
- Drop or pipe by the teaspoonful onto an ungreased baking sheet. The cookies will not spread during cooking, so they can be placed close together.
- Turn off the oven and place the cookies inside. Leave the cookies in the oven overnight or until the oven cools.