Mint Pea Soup
The freshness of mint meets lively spring peas in this lovely and elegant soup.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- 1 medium red onion, peeled and diced
- 1⁄2 tsp. kosher salt
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 3 cups freshly shelled green peas
- 1⁄4 cup fresh mint
- 2 tsp. lemon juice
- 1⁄2 tsp. crushed red pepper
- Heat butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and season with salt. Sauté for 5 to 7 minutes until softened.
- Pour broth into pan and heat until just below a boil. Add peas and cook for 5 to 6 minutes. Stir in mint, lemon juice, and crushed red pepper.
- Carefully pour soup into a blender and place a clean dish towel over the cover. Process on low until almost smooth.