Minted Lamb Sausage
Lamb is considered a delicacy in most parts of Italy. It imparts a distinct flavor in this sausage recipe, but you may use beef or pork if you are not a fan of lamb.
Serves: 10Hands-on: 1 hourTotal: 1 hour 30 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 2¼ lbs. lamb
- ¼ lb. pancetta
- ½ bulb garlic, peeled and minced
- ½ bunch fresh mint, chopped
- ¼ cup pine nuts
- ½ cup raisins
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- ½ tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- Sausage casings
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- Grind the lamb and pancetta separately. Keep chilled.
- Mix together all the ingredients in a chilled bowl using chilled utensils. If using an electric mixer, be sure not to over blend the meat.
- Stuff the mixture into casings or form into patties.
- Heat oil in a large sauté pan over medium heat. Add the sausage, cover, and cook for about 30 minutes, turning every 5 minutes. Uncover and cook for 15 minutes until thoroughly browned. Drain on paper towels.