Minty Potato in Yogurt Sauce (Aloo Pudine Ka Raita)
This refreshing chilled salad is made with yogurt and mint.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 40 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 3 small potatoes
- 2 cups plain yogurt, whipped
- 1 tsp. cumin seeds, roasted and roughly pounded
- ¼ tsp. red chili powder
- ¼ tsp. black salt
- 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh mint leaves
- Chopped fresh red chilies, for garnish
- Peel and cut the potatoes into ½” dice; boil in salted water, covered, for 5 to 8 minutes or until just fork-tender. Drain.
- In a bowl, combine the yogurt, cumin seeds, red chili powder, and salt; mix well. Add the potatoes and mint leaves, mixing gently.
- Chill, covered, for 20 minutes. Garnish with red chilies and serve.