Minty Raspberry Sorbet
Make your own fresh sorbets and you wonʼt ever miss ice cream! Experiment to make your own varieties and the possibilities are endless.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 2 hours 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 cups burgundy wine
- 1 cup water
- ½ cup sugar
- ⅓ cup minced fresh mint
- 1⅓ cups fresh raspberries
- 2 Tbsp. unsweetened orange juice
- 1½ Tbsp. lemon juice
- Rinse cheesecloth and squeeze dry. Fold and set aside. In a heavy saucepan, combine wine, water, sugar, and fresh mint. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly until sugar is dissolved. Boil 3 minutes without stirring.
- Remove from heat. Allow to cool completely. Line a colander with a double layer of wet cheesecloth, allowing cheesecloth to extend over edge of colander. Place colander in a large bowl.
- Pour mixture into colander, allowing liquid to drain into bowl. Discard mint. Place raspberries in blender. Process until smooth. Strain purée. Discard seeds. Add purée, orange juice, and lemon juice to wine mixture. Stir until well mixed.
- Pour into freezer can of a 2-quart electric freezer. Freeze according to manufacturer's instructions. Scoop sorbet into individual dessert bowls. Serve immediately.