Miso-Glazed Pork Belly
The pork belly in this dish has a wonderful toothiness to it and pairs beautifully with the salty miso marinade. Serve with rice.
Serves: 2Hands-on: 5 minutesTotal: 20 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 2 Tbsp. low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp. miso paste
- 1 Tbsp. honey
- 1 Tbsp. mirin
- 1 Tbsp. water
- 1 tsp. sesame oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- ½ lb. pork belly, sliced into ½" pieces
- 1 scallion, green part only, sliced thin
- In a small bowl, whisk together the soy sauce, miso paste, honey, mirin, water, sesame oil, and garlic. Set aside.
- Heat a wok over medium heat and add the vegetable oil. Swirl the pan and add the pork belly. Cook for 1–2 minutes on each side until both sides of the pork belly have turned golden brown and some of the fat has rendered out. You may need to use paper towels to blot out excess fat.
- Pour the soy sauce glaze into the wok and lower the heat. Cover and simmer the pork for 6–8 minutes, flipping the pork halfway through.
- Sprinkle scallions over the pork belly and serve immediately.