Miso Soup with Mushrooms and Tofu
Dashi is a Japanese soup stock made from boiling dried seaweed and bonito fish flakes in water. Instant dashi powder is available in some supermarkets.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 5 cups dashi stock or vegetable broth
- 1 cup thinly sliced mushrooms
- 1 thinly sliced green onion, divided
- 6 oz. silken tofu, diced
- 3 Tbsp. miso paste
- In a soup pot, bring broth to a boil. Add mushrooms and half of green onion. Reduce heat to medium low; simmer 3 minutes.
- Add tofu; simmer 2 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine miso paste and 1 cup of hot stock; stir until smooth. Slowly return to pot; mix well and remove from heat.
- Add remaining green onions. Serve immediately.