Miso Soup with Radish Greens
This hearty and comforting soup is as simple to make as it is good for you. The slivered radishes and scallions brighten the flavor at the end. Peppery radish greens can be an overlooked gem in the vegetable world, yet they add amazing flavor to any soup or salad.
Serves: 2Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 2 cups water
- ⅓ block (15 oz.) firm tofu, cut into ½" cubes
- ¼ cup sliced shitake mushrooms
- ¼ cup thoroughly washed and roughly torn radish leaves
- 3 Tbsp. white miso paste
- 1 scallion, greens only, sliced
- 2 medium radishes, finely sliced
- Bring broth and water to boil over medium heat. Add tofu and mushrooms, and simmer until tofu floats to the top, about 5 minutes. Add radish greens, and simmer for another 2–3 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, mix miso paste with about ¼ cup of the hot broth. Stir until smooth, and mix into the soup. Simmer for 2–3 minutes to meld flavors.
- Serve topped with scallion greens and sliced radish.