Miso Soup with Shrimp
It is easy to improvise with this soup—try adding almost any leftover fish, shellfish, or vegetables to miso soup to bulk it up and change its character.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 5 minutesTotal: 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 4 cups water
- 3 Tbsp. miso paste with dashi added
- 1⁄2 lb. raw medium shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 1 package (16 oz.) silken tofu, cut into 1⁄2-inch cubes
- Bring the water to a boil, add the miso, and whisk well. Add the shrimp and simmer for 3 minutes.
- Divide the tofu between 2 bowls and pour the soup over the tofu.