Miso Soup with Tofu and Wakame
Traditionally, miso is never heated to boiling while making soup, making it a perfect dish to make in the slow cooker. Adding tofu and wakame seaweed makes it a complete meal.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 5 minutesTotal: 8 hours 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 quarts water
- 4 Tbsp. white miso paste
- 1 package (14 oz.) extra-firm tofu, diced
- 1 cup broken, dried wakame seaweed
- 1 bunch green onions, diced
- Pour the water into a 4-quart slow cooker. Whisk in the miso paste until it is fully dissolved. Add the tofu. Cook on low for up to 8 hours.
- Add the seaweed. Cook for 15 minutes on high. Stir and top with green onions to serve.