Mississippi Mud Brownies
These brownies are rich and decadent. You can substitute walnuts for the pecans and add 1 cup of coconut flakes to the frosting if you like.
Serves: 24Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 1 hour 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 1⁄2 cups butter, divided
- 7 oz. unsweetened chocolate, chopped, divided
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄8 tsp. salt
- 1⁄2 cup evaporated milk
- 1⁄2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 4 1⁄2 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1⁄2 cup puffed rice cereal
- 3 cups miniature marshmallows
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a 9-by-13-inch baking pan.
- Melt 1 cup butter in a medium microwaveable bowl and stir in 4 ounces chocolate until melted. Let cool.
- Beat granulated sugar into chocolate mixture. Beat in eggs 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Add flour and salt; blend until smooth. Spread into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with only a few crumbs clinging to it.
- Bring milk to a simmer in a small saucepan over medium-low heat; add remaining butter and chocolate, stirring until chocolate is completely melted. Let cool slightly. Add vanilla; beat in confectioners’ sugar until smooth. Add pecans and cereal and combine.
- Spread marshmallows over warm brownies and quickly spread pecan mixture over the top. Let cool and cut into bars.