Mississippi Mud Pie
This easy chocolate pie is supposed to resemble the muddy bottom of the Mississippi River. It’s delicious with ice cream or whipped topping.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 45 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2 oz. unsweetened chocolate
- 3 large eggs
- 3 Tbsp. light corn syrup
- 1 1⁄3 cups sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 unbaked pie shell (9 inches)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a small saucepan, combine butter and chocolate over low heat, stirring frequently until melted and well blended.
- In a medium mixing bowl, beat eggs; stir in corn syrup, sugar, and vanilla. Add melted chocolate mixture to beaten mixture, stirring well. Pour mixture into pie shell.
- Bake for 35 minutes or until the top is slightly crunchy and filling is set.