Mixed Berry Crêpes (Crepas de Moras)
Make the morning special with this divine breakfast treat. Warm, light crepes are filled with a sweet and tangy cream cheese mixture and topped with an unbelievable fresh berry blend for a meal that’s as beautiful as it is delicious.
Serves: 12Prep: 2 hours 40 minutesCook: 20 minutesTotal: 3 hoursDifficulty: Easy
- 1 1⁄2 cups strawberries, sliced
- 1 cup raspberries
- 1 cup blackberries
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar, divided
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 cups plus 2 Tbsp. Kroger® Vitamin D Whole Milk, divided
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 package (8 oz.) cream cheese
- 1 can (7.6 oz.) Nestlé® Media Crema
- In a large bowl, toss strawberries, raspberries, blackberries and ⅓ cup sugar. Cover and refrigerate 2 hours, mixing several times.
- In a medium bowl, mix flour, 1 tablespoon granulated sugar, baking powder and salt. Stir in 2 cups milk, 2 tablespoons butter, vanilla and eggs. Whisk until smooth.
- In a non-stick pan over medium heat, pour ¼ cup batter while rotating pan to form the crêpe. Cook until light brown on bottom, flip and continue to cook 30 seconds.
- In a bowl, use hand mixer to mix cream cheese, crema and 2 tablespoons milk until smooth.
- On center of each crêpe, place 1 tablespoon of cream cheese mixture. Roll crêpe and top with ¼ cup fruit.