Mixed Berry Sherbet
Berries abound in the heart of summer, and combine deliciously in this mixed berry sherbet. If you have more or less of one variety, just use what you have. The results will be just as incredible.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 2 hours 40 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- ¾ cup fresh blackberries
- ⅔ cup fresh blueberries
- ⅔ cup fresh raspberries
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- Rinse the berries, but do not dry. Drizzle with the lemon juice and 2 tablespoons of the sugar. Cover and set aside while making the syrup.
- Place the remaining sugar and water in a small saucepan; stir over medium heat until all of the sugar is dissolved. Allow to cool.
- Place the berry mixture in a food processor, and purée until smooth. Press through a strainer to remove seeds, if desired. Stir into the sugar syrup.
- In a separate bowl, whip the cream to stiff peaks, then fold into the berry mixture.
- Add to ice cream maker and follow manufacturer’s instructions for freezing.