Mixed Mushroom Pappardelle with Balsamic-Blue Cheese Sauce
On Valentine’s Day, go ahead and splurge on exotic mushrooms and decadent white truffle oil. This richly flavored main dish will delight vegetarians and meat lovers alike.
Serves: 2Prep: 25 minutesCook: 10 minutesTotal: 35 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 tablespoons Kroger® Butter
- 3 cups mixed fresh mushrooms, sliced (white, portabella, cremini or shiitake)
- 1 shallot, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme, chopped (or ½ tsp. dried thyme)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 package (8.8 oz.) egg pappardelle noodles
- 1 tablespoon Private Selection™ Balsamic Vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup crumbled gorgonzola cheese
- 1 teaspoon Private Selection™ White Truffle Oil
- In 12” nonstick skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Cook and stir mushrooms, shallot, thyme, salt and pepper 5-8 minutes or until mushrooms begin to brown and have given up their liquid.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta as directed on package. Reserve ½ cup cooking water. Drain pasta and keep warm.
- Stir reserved pasta liquid and vinegar into mushroom mixture. Increase heat to high. Cook 1-2 minutes longer or until liquid is reduced in half. Remove from heat. Stir in cheese just until evenly distributed.
- Divide pasta and mushroom mixture evenly between 2 dinner plates. Drizzle with truffle oil. Garnish with additional fresh thyme.