Mixed Rice Pilaf
Upgrade your side-dish game with this crowd-pleasing rice dish.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 55 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 cup white rice
- 1 cup wild rice
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 medium onion, peeled and chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup diced carrots
- 1 cup sliced celery
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ⅛ tsp. ground white pepper
- ⅓ cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- In large saucepan, combine white rice and wild rice with the vegetable broth. Bring to a simmer over medium-high heat. Cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer for 45 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, melt butter and olive oil in large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and garlic; cook and stir until tender, about 7–8 minutes. Add carrots and celery; cook and stir for another 3–4 minutes. Remove from heat.
- When rice is done, add the vegetable mixture to the rice along with salt, pepper, and parsley. Serve immediately.