Mixed Vegetable Tempura
Asparagus, carrot slices, and red bell pepper strips make this recipe delicious. You could use any favorite vegetable that can hold up to steaming.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 25 minutesTotal: 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 3⁄4 cup beer
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. salt, divided
- 2 cups vegetable oil
- 12 green beans, trimmed
- 2 carrots, peels and cut in sticks
- 12 asparagus spears, trimmed
- 1 medium summer squash, trimmed and cut in spears
- Whisk beer into flour until smooth, then stir in 3⁄4 teaspoon salt. Heat oil to 375°F in a deep fryer or large pot.
- Dip vegetables individually in batter, let excess drip off, and drop carefully into the hot oil. Cook in batches. Cook about 3 minutes and remove from oil with a slotted spoon, chopsticks, or tongs.
- Drain on paper towels and serve immediately sprinkled with remaining salt