Almost everyone loves meatballs—and this clean recipe won’t disappoint. Alone, or paired with pasta and sauce, these meatballs will be a favorite with the whole family!
Serves: 24Hands-on: 30 minutesTotal: 50 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, minced
- 1⁄2 red pepper, minced
- 1⁄2 green pepper, minced
- 2 tsp. minced garlic
- 1 lb. lean ground beef
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 1 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1 egg
- 2 slices sprouted grain bread, processed to crumbs
- Prepare a skillet with olive oil spray over medium heat. Pour olive oil in skillet and add minced onion, peppers, and minced garlic until soft. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- In a mixing bowl, combine ground beef, sautéed onion and peppers, salt, pepper, egg, and breadcrumbs. Form mixture into 24 ping pong–sized balls.
- Bake on an olive oil–prepared rack placed over a baking pan at 350°F for 10 minutes, turn, and continue baking for 10 minutes, or until completely cooked through.