M&M’s cookies will be much prettier if you hold out about 1⁄3 of the M&M’s and immediately press a few of them into the tops of the cookies when they come from the oven.
Makes: 48Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 35 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup dark brown sugar, packed
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 1⁄2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups plain M&M ’s
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease 2 large baking sheets.
- Cream together butter and sugars. Add eggs one at a time, blending well after each addition. Add vanilla.
- Whisk dry ingredients together; stir into butter mixture until blended.
- Stir in M&M’s. Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls on baking sheets.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes, or until just barely done. Remove and cool.