Mocha Chip Muffins
Here’s a muffin that will satisfy you and wake you up in one step.
Serves: 14Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 45 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 3 1⁄4 cups cake flour
- 1⁄4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 2 Tbsp. instant espresso powder
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 1⁄2 cups chocolate chips
- 1 cup turbinado sugar
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Coat muffin pan with pan spray. Line with paper muffin cups. Sift together cake flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- Combine butter, espresso powder, and granulated sugar; beat until creamy. Add eggs one at a time. Add the sifted dry ingredients to the butter mixture alternately with the sour cream. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Fill muffin cups to the rim with muffin batter, and sprinkle the tops with turbinado sugar. Bake until risen and golden brown, about 20 minutes. A pick inserted into the middle muffin should come out clean. Cool muffin pan for 15 minutes before removing muffins.