Mocha Date Treats
If you can find Medjool dates, use those; they are bigger, sweeter, and more tender than regular packaged dates
Serves: 36Hands-on: 35 minutesTotal: 1 hour 35 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 1⁄2 container (12 oz.) chocolate frosting
- 1⁄2 tsp. instant coffee powder
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- 36 pitted dates
- 2 Tbsp. cocoa powder
- 1⁄4 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1 tsp. instant coffee powder
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup shredded sweetened coconut
- In small bowl, combine frosting, 1⁄2 teaspoon coffee powder, and pecans; mix well. Using small spoon or pastry bag, spoon or pipe mixture into the dates. In sifter, combine cocoa powder, confectioners’ sugar, and 1 teaspoon coffee powder; sift onto plate. Roll dates into cocoa mixture to coat.
- In microwave glass measuring cup, place chocolate chips. Microwave on 50% power for 2 minutes; stir until melted. Add milk chocolate chips; stir constantly until chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth.
- Place dates on a fork and dip, one at a time, into chocolate mixture. Tap fork on side of cup to remove excess chocolate. Place on waxed paper–lined cookie sheets. Sprinkle coconut on top of chocolate coating. Let stand until firm. Store, covered, at room temperature.