This fondue is bursting with flavor from the vanilla bean seeds, chocolate, coffee, and ground nutmeg.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 can (20 oz.) pineapple chunks, drained
- 1 vanilla bean, split and scraped
- 8 oz. semisweet chocolate
- ¾ cup heavy cream
- 1 Tbsp. instant coffee granules
- ¼ tsp. ground nutmeg
- Toss the pineapple with the scrapings from the vanilla bean. Allow to sit while making the fondue.
- Break the semisweet chocolate into pieces. Combine the cream and chocolate in a metal bowl and place over a saucepan half-filled with simmering water. Melt the chocolate on low to medium-low heat, stirring constantly and not allowing the mixture to boil.
- When the chocolate is melted, transfer the fondue mixture to the fondue pot and set on the burner. Keep the fondue warm on low heat. Add the instant coffee and nutmeg and stir until coffee granules have dissolved.
- Serve the fondue with pineapple chunks.