Moist Cake Corn Bread
This twist on a classic cornbread recipe is rich and moist, perfect to serve alongside all the fixings at your Thanksgiving dinner. Looking for an easy way to serve? Opt for baking the batter in a greased muffin pan. This cuts the baking time down to 20 minutes or so.
- 1 cup melted butter
- 1 package corn bread mix (or corn muffin mix)
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 1 package (9 oz.) yellow cake mix
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄3 cup water
- Combine the cake and corn bread mix in a large bowl, then add in the wet ingredients. Stir until combined.
- Bake at 350°F in a greased 9”X13” pan for 35 minutes or until fully cooked (a fork inserted in the center will come out clean). If you’d rather bake the bread as muffins, grease a muffin tin and bake at 350°F for 20 minutes.
- Serve with warm butter and honey.