Molasses Oatmeal Spice Cookies
Warm up with these cookies and a hot cup of tea. For crispier, sweeter cookies, sprinkle tops with 3 tablespoons of coconut sugar before baking.
Makes: 24Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1⁄2 cup spelt flour
- 3⁄4 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. ground ginger
- 1⁄2 tsp. ground cloves
- 1⁄2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 tsp. sea salt
- 1⁄2 cup melted and cooled butter
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1⁄4 cup molasses
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, oats, coconut sugar, baking soda, ginger, cloves, cinnamon, and salt. Add the melted butter, applesauce, and molasses and mix until just combined.
- Spoon rounded tablespoons of dough onto baking sheets 2 inches apart. Gently press the balls down to form little fat disks.
- Bake in the oven for 8 minutes. Remove from baking sheet and cool on a wire rack.