Molasses Oatmeal Spice Cookies
Save to My Recipes
Warm up with these cookies and a hot cup of tea. For crispier, sweeter cookies, sprinkle tops with 3 tablespoons of coconut sugar before baking.
Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 30 minutes
- ½ cup spelt flour
- ¾ cup rolled oats
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. ground ginger
- ½ tsp. ground cloves
- ½ tsp. ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp. sea salt
- ½ cup melted and cooled butter
- ¼ cup unsweetened applesauce
- ¼ cup molasses
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, oats, coconut sugar, baking soda, ginger, cloves, cinnamon, and salt. Add the melted butter, applesauce, and molasses and mix until just combined.
- Spoon rounded tablespoons of dough onto baking sheets 2" apart. Gently press the balls down to form little fat disks.
- Bake in the oven for 8 minutes. Remove from baking sheet and cool on a wire rack.