Momma Theresa’s Zucchini Cake
If you have a lot of zucchini left over at the end of the summer, use it to make this delicious cake. Serve warm with whipped cream.
Serves: 12Hands-on: 30 minutesTotal: 1 hour 30 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 3 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups granulated sugar
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 2 tsp. ground cloves
- 2 medium zucchini, shredded
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Lightly grease and flour a large bundt pan.
- In a small bowl, mix together the eggs, oil, vanilla, and sugar.
- In a large bowl, sift together the flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and cloves.
- Mix together the wet and dry ingredients, then fold in the zucchini and walnuts.
- Pour the batter into the pan and bake for 1 hour. Serve warm.