Mom's Healthy Apple Coleslaw
Coleslaw is a wonderful accompaniment to any grilled meat, from hamburgers to sirloin steak to chicken. The fresh taste and crunch adds to the meal.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 2 hours 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 package (14 oz.) coleslaw mix
- 1⁄3 cup chopped scallion
- 1 large Granny Smith apple, cored and diced
- 2 medium red apples, cored and diced
- 1 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1⁄2 cup plain yogurt
- 1⁄2 cup light cream
- 2 Tbsp. sugar
- 2 Tbsp. honey
- 2 Tbsp. mustard
- 1⁄4 tsp. salt
- 1⁄8 tsp. ground white pepper
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- In large bowl combine coleslaw mix, scallion, apples, and bell pepper and toss to mix.
- In small bowl, combine remaining ingredients and stir until blended. Drizzle over cabbage mixture and toss to coat. Cover and chill for at least 2 hours before serving.