Mom’s Sugar Cookies
This wonderful sugar cookie recipe is an old-fashioned delight. The cookies taste delicious plain, or you can decorate them with frosting and sprinkles.
Makes: 30Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 cup butter
- 2 1⁄2 cups sugar, divided
- 4 large eggs
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 5 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 tsp. baking powder
- 1⁄4 tsp. salt
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Have on hand 2 large baking sheets.
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter and 2 cups sugar. Beat in eggs and vanilla. In separate bowl, combine dry ingredients. Add to the butter mixture.
- Roll dough into balls and then roll in the remaining sugar. Place cookies 2 inches apart on baking sheets.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Remove from the oven and cool on a wire rack before serving.